I produced, engineered, mixed, and mastered this album for Missy Mazzoli's Victoire in 2010, which was released on New Amsterdam Records in 2010.
We recorded it at Clinton Recording, using the live room of Studio B and my studio as the control room. I mixed and mastered in my studio.
This album has received great press, including this Pitchfork review.
• "Decisively erratic and turbulently lyrical, Victoire condense moments of focused beauty and quiet conviction from the pandemic distractions of modern life." - Pitchfork, December 01, 2010
• "Along with violin, clarinet, bass and keyboards, Mazzoli confidently weaves in electronics, vocals and found sound to create a fresh, sometimes quirky sound that you might call alt-chamber music." - NPR, Top 10 Classical Albums of 2010, December 01, 2010
• "Missy Mazzoli’s idiosyncratic quintet, Victoire, embraces an intoxicating blend of sensibilities in this set of eight consonant, dark-hued and sometimes eerie meditations." - NY Times, Classical Music Roundup, November, 26 2010
• "Beyond the blissful tunes we knew from last year’s EP, the long-awaited full-length debut from Missy Mazzoli and her “bandsemble” brought a clutch of newer pieces even more beguiling." - Time Out New York, Top 10 Classical Albums of 2010, December 17, 2010
• "It’s in the creation of these moments that Victoire is most successful, when Mazzoli juxtaposes rock gestures or other found signifiers, and surprises us with deep, real feelings." - New Haven Advocate, September 27, 2010
All information © 2012 Lawson White.